REGISTRATION FOR THE STOCKLMEIR S.T.E.M. FAIR 2018-2019 IS NOW OPEN!
Stocklmeir PTA hosts a non-competitive S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Fair for all Stocklmeir pandas, grades K-5.
Dates: March 7, 2019 - Grades K, 1, 2
March 8, 2019 - Grades 3, 4, 5
Time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Venue : GLC
S.T.E.M. Fair registration deadline -Sunday, February 17 , 2019
For important registration and project information please read the information packet
To register click here
Students work on the projects at home.They can also work on their projects during a school lunch hour with the help of mentors at the S.T.E.M. Fair mentoring club.
Students display and present their projects at the S.T.E.M. fair family nights where S.T.E.M. fair mentors engage the participants in conversations about their projects. Participants also present their projects to all guests who visit.
All participants receive a participation certificate for their hard work.
Submission Instructions for the morning of the STEM Fair
Please submit your display boards on the same morning as the STEM fair date designated for your grade at the GLC between 8:15 – 8:45am.
Please bring in your project or model with you in the evening when you arrive for the STEM fair night . These can be taken back home after the event .
- Label the front of the display board with your Project title and the participant's name.
- Tape a piece of paper with the following information on the Backside of the board
- Full name
- Project Title and
- Project Category
- All photographs, diagrams, graphs, logs must be neatly taped to the display or kept near it. Avoid loose sheets of paper as they could get lost.
S.T.E.M. Fair Committee
For any questions or more information, contact the S.T.E.M. Fair Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
S.T.E.M. Fair Mentoring Club Sign-up
We require a few parent volunteers to run the STEM fair mentoring club . You will be provided with the resources you need to run the club . Mentors who sign-up below will be available to help .If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity please email email@example.com
The Mentoring Club meets in the school during both lunch hours on Fridays (11:45am-12:30pm and 12:30pm -1:15 pm )
The purpose is to help and guide the kids as they work on their projects.
- From helping students decide which project could be a best fit for them (based on their abilities and interests).
- To guiding them if they are stuck, to helping some younger students build their project.
- We have some good online resources that can be used during these mentoring sessions.
S.T.E.M. Mentoring club CHILD sign up sheet:
Please sign-up here to enroll your child for the club . Walk-ins are welcome.
Mentor Sign-up Sheet:
Please sign-up here to volunteer as a mentor for the club.
Club hours are once a week on Fridays during both lunch hours:
11:45am-12:30pm and 12:30pm -1:15 pm .
You do not need to be available every week
Just sign up for a day and time slot that works for you and we will plan accordingly.