The 2018/2019 S.T.E.M. Fair will be
March 7 & 8 2018
More details to follow soon!!
REGISTRATION FOR THE STOCKLMEIR S.T.E.M. FAIR 2017-2018 IS NOW CLOSED!
Stocklmeir PTA hosts a non-competitive S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Fair for all Stocklmeir pandas, grades K-5.
Students work on the projects at home.
They can also work on their projects during a school lunch hour with the help of mentors at the S.T.E.M. Fair mentoring club.
Students display and present their projects at the S.T.E.M. fair family nights where S.T.E.M. fair mentors engage the participants in conversations about their projects. Participants also present their projects to all guests who visit.
All participants receive a participation certificate for their hard work.
Dates: March 8 (Grades K, 1, 2 )
March 9 (Grades 3, 4, 5), 2018
Venue : GLC
Please submit your display boards on the same morning as the STEM fair date designated for your grade at the GLC between 8:15 – 8:45am.
Please bring in your project or model with you in the evening when you arrive for the STEM fair night .
S.T.E.M. Fair Committee
For any questions or more information, contact the S.T.E.M. Fair Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
S.T.E.M. Fair Mentoring Club Sign-up
This year there has been an ongoing S.T.E.M. Fair Mentoring club for our participants during both lunch hours every Friday. We have had a great turnout of both Students and mentors . Thank you for making this club a success.
The Mentoring Club meets in the Old East Office, near the GLC.
The club meets for the last time on Friday, March 2 .
The purpose is to help and guide the kids as they work on their projects.
- From helping students decide which project could be a best fit for them (based on their abilities and interests).
- To guiding them if they are stuck, to helping some younger students build their project.
- We have some good online resources that can be used during these mentoring sessions.
S.T.E.M. Mentoring club child sign up sheet:
Please sign-up here to enroll your child for the club . Walk-ins are welcome.
Mentor Sign-up Sheet:
Please sign-up here to volunteer as a mentor for the club.
Club hours are every Friday during both lunch hours:
11:45am-12:30pm and 12:30pm -1:15 pm .
You do not need to be available every week or on a Friday.
Just sign up for a day and time slot that works for you and we will plan accordingly.
- Label the front of the display board with your Project title and the participant's name.
- Tape a piece of paper with the following information on the Backside of the board
- Full name
- Project Title and
- Project Category
- All photographs, diagrams, graphs, logs must be neatly taped to the display or kept near it. Avoid loose sheets of paper as they could get lost.
More tips and information on the display board is available here: information packet