2019/20 Project Cornerstone Information
Project Cornerstone is a volunteer reading program, whereby parent volunteers read books in the classroom and work from a teacher-written lesson plan. These carefully chosen books promote positive social skills, reduce bullying, teach problem solving and encourage making healthy decisions. Project Cornerstone is a character education program, shown to improve academic achievement, lower behavioral referrals, and strengthen a positive, caring school climate.
Please consider being a Project Cornerstone reader in your child's classroom or another classroom. Volunteer time commitment is around 2-3 hours per month and is flexible on your schedule.
- Kindergarten books and lesson plans
- 1st - 5th Grade books and lesson plans
- Read the Introduction to Project Cornerstone/ABC Reading
- Book Check-in/Check-out procedure :
- Project Cornerstone Book Reserve Schedule , please use this form to schedule your books for reading. This will ensure that books are available when your class reading day.
- Books are stored in our school library - Room 12
- Check-out the book from our library
- Check the book back in once finished reading.
- This is to ensure books do not get lost.
- Check out our Pinterest site for additional ideas.
Thank you for volunteering!
Through Project Cornerstone, we can help all children feel valued and respected!