2019/20 Project Cornerstone Information
We deeply appreciate your understanding and patience with our Project Cornerstone Program as we navigate the challenging circumstances related to the Coronavirus. We are providing social emotional development books and lessons for the teachers to share directly with their students. We will also share the plans with our wonderful volunteers. Thank you!
Project Cornerstone is a volunteer reading program, whereby parent volunteers read books in the classroom and work from a teacher-written lesson plan. These carefully chosen books promote positive social skills, reduce bullying, teach problem solving and encourage making healthy decisions. Project Cornerstone is a character education program, shown to improve academic achievement, lower behavioral referrals, and strengthen a positive, caring school climate.
Please consider being a Project Cornerstone reader in your child's classroom or another classroom. Volunteer time commitment is around 2-3 hours per month and is flexible on your schedule.
- Please attend our monthly book training, discuss the lesson of the month, and share activity ideas. We meet in room 31 after morning drop off on the following dates:
- September 16
- October 4
- November 8
- January 13
- February 10
- March 6
- Transitional Kindergarten books and lesson plans
- Kindergarten - 5th Grade books and lesson plans
- Read the Introduction to Project Cornerstone/ABC Reading
- Book Check-in/Check-out procedure: Please use this form to schedule your books for reading. This will ensure that books are available when your class reading day.
- TK Project Cornerstone Book Reserve Schedule
- K - 5th Grade Project Cornerstone Book Reserve Schedule
- Books are stored in the main office teacher workroom
- Check-out the book from the Project Cornerstone shelf
- Return the book to the shelf once finished reading
- This is to ensure books do not get lost
- Check out our Pinterest site for additional ideas.
- NEW VOLUNTEERS: Please complete theese 3 steps to becoming a Volunteer:
1. Submit TB results and fingerprinting to the Stocklmeir office.
2. Complete the YMCA application.
3. Do the Assets 101 training. Attend a meeting or do the training online:
Assets 101 online training Module 1
Assets 101 online training Module 2
Assets 101 online training Module 3