2019/20 Project Cornerstone Information
Project Cornerstone is a volunteer reading program, whereby parent volunteers read books in the classroom and work from a teacher-written lesson plan. These carefully chosen books promote positive social skills, reduce bullying, teach problem solving and encourage making healthy decisions. Project Cornerstone is a character education program, shown to improve academic achievement, lower behavioral referrals, and strengthen a positive, caring school climate.
Please consider being a Project Cornerstone reader in your child's classroom or another classroom. Volunteer time commitment is around 2-3 hours per month and is flexible on your schedule.
- Please attend our monthly book training, discuss the lesson of the month, and share activity ideas. We meet in room 31 after morning drop off on the following dates:
- September 16
- October 4
- November 8
- February 7
- March 6
- April 3
- May 1
- Transitional Kindergarten books and lesson plans
- Kindergarten - 5th Grade books and lesson plans
- Read the Introduction to Project Cornerstone/ABC Reading
- Book Check-in/Check-out procedure: Please use this form to schedule your books for reading. This will ensure that books are available when your class reading day.
- TK Project Cornerstone Book Reserve Schedule
- K - 5th Grade Project Cornerstone Book Reserve Schedule
- Books are stored in the main office teacher workroom
- Check-out the book from the Project Cornerstone shelf
- Return the book to the shelf once finished reading
- This is to ensure books do not get lost
- Check out our Pinterest site for additional ideas.
- NEW VOLUNTEERS: Please complete theese 3 steps to becoming a Volunteer:
1. Submit TB results and fingerprinting to the Stocklmeir office.
2. Complete the YMCA application.
3. Do the Assets 101 training. Attend a meeting or do the training online:
Assets 101 online training Module 1
Assets 101 online training Module 2
Assets 101 online training Module 3