Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some of our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Q. How do I know who my child's teacher is?
A. All class lists will be posted by the GLC and by the school office at 4pm on the working day before school starts.
Q. What is the typical daily schedule?
A. TK through 3rd grade are from 8:30am - 2:35pm. 4th and 5th grade are from 8:30am - 3:05pm. Tuesdays are from 8:30am - 2:00pm for ALL grades. Schedule details are available on Stocklmeir’s main website.
Q. What should my child bring to school on the first day?
A. Besides a backpack and lunch, Stocklmeir has a list of suggested school supplies that you can find here. If you would rather make a donation to your student's classroom, you can write a check designated to that classroom and drop it off at the school office.
Q. How can I get more connected with the school community?
A. There are several ways you can connect with the Stocklmeir Community.
- Stocklmeir PTA hosts a Facebook page at “Stocklmeir PTA” that offers information about events, updates and other pertinent information.
- Stocklmeir PTA's website will have all the latest news and upcoming events. Make sure you check back often and sign up to receive PTA communications. You can also download the PTA calendar to your device to not miss out on any events!
- Stockmeir PTA hosts a wide variety of events. Come out and meet other Stocklmeir families and have fun!
Q. What is the difference between the Stocklmeir and PTA websites?
Q. How can I volunteer to help at the school?
A. Here are many opportunities to help at school:
- Helping in your child's classroom: On Back to School night, your child's teacher will have a sign-up sheet where you can help out in areas such as: becoming the Room Rep, reading in the classroom, helping to fill Panda Folders, assisting at library and many more. You can also speak to your child's teacher about any other areas where they may need assistance.
- Helping at lunch time in either the Kindergarten or 1st-5th grade yard: Stocklmeir is in need of parents to help at lunch duty. For more information, contact Assistant Principal Michaela Jacobsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helping in other areas around school: Stocklmeir PTA has many areas to help our school community, including Running Club, Project Cornerstone, helping with events, fundraisers, communications, and serving on the Stocklmeir PTA Board. For more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Q.How do I donate to support programs at Stocklmeir Elementary?
A. Every year, Stocklmeir PTA asks for a $300 donation per student to help keep programs such as art, music, special assemblies, technology, the school library, field day, Project Cornerstone, and community events at our school. This amount is comparable to the requested amount from other schools in our area. You can donate by check (payable to Stocklmeir PTA) in your student's classroom or the school office or by credit card online. You can also bring your donation to our annual Panda Picnic on Friday, Sept 6 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Thank you for your support!
Q. How are donations to the Stocklmeir PTA spent?
A. You can access Stocklmeir PTA's 2018-19 budget here. We have also created financial charts to better show how your money is spent. For questions, please contact our Treasurer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. How do I get more involved with how PTA programs are run at Stocklmeir Elementary?
A. Attending a Stocklmeir PTA General Association Meeting is a great way to learn more about how Stocklmeir PTA programs are run. Meetings are held five times per year. Click here for current dates.
By becoming a Stocklmeir PTA member, you automatically get a vote at Stocklmeir PTA General Association meetings. You can become a member of the Stocklmeir PTA (and National PTA) through a $10 contribution to the Stocklmeir PTA.
If you want to make a large impact to Stocklmeir PTA, you can become a Committee Member, Committee Chair or serve on the PTA Executive Board. If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.